Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let the Quilting (class) Begin

Well, last night was my very first quilting class.  I was so excited!! I have been sewing for a long, long, long time and have made everything from clothes, to toys, to blankets, to formals and even a wedding dress.  I have tried my hand at quilts and they are "OK" but just not quite right.  I want to know the "tricks of the trade", so i signed up with a friend.

I decided to go into the class with an open mind and pay attention as if I had never sewn before.  I actually learned something!!! I learned how to cut perfectly straight and square by using the rulers for measurements rather than the markings on the cutting mat.  (A completely different way of thinking for me.)  It really does make a difference in how accurate and straight your cuts are.  If you are interested in learning how to do this, check back later and I will post a link to a tutorial, if I can find one. 

HAPPY QUILTING :)

No comments: