Monday, November 8, 2010

WOW--Quilt Festival Was Amazing

What an experience!  So many fabric lovers in one enormous place.  The quilts on display were incredible.  I wish I could have photographed them all to share.  There is such amazing talent in this world.  And anyone who says quilts are not art, is just plain crazy.

We took two classes and began two quilts, that I can't wait to start on again.  One is Crazy Nines by Lynda Faires.  We assembled all of the blocks and now just have to add sashing and borders and the top will be finished.  I love the way this one turned out.  I will post a picture as soon as it is complete.

The second class was Picadilly Circus by Lynda Ballard.  It is very easy, but looks very complicated.  I finished two blocks and have 10 more to do, but the good news is that all the pieces are already cut out, so it should be easy to complete. 

The vendors were very nice and I had a chance to try a long-arm quilting machine.  It was so cool.  It would be so much fun to have one of those amazing machines!!! (maybe I'll win the lottery)

We ate well, stayed in a nice hotel and bought some of the most beautiful fabric I have ever seen or touched in my entire life. 

Can't wait till next year :).

Happy Quilting ;)
Laura

No comments: